Wednesday, August 10, 2005

i've been around...

Literally, I've been around. It wasn't easy. But it was fun. Though tiring.

My very long weekend started on Friday night. I was invited to watch Repertory Philippines' The Emperor's New Clothes for free courtesy of Jet of Baddicts!. It was a very entertaining watch. I was glad however that Mhel did not join us since not only it was for children (and children at heart like Mae, Des and I, heheh), it was also a musical. Definitely not Mhel's type. Before the show, I was able to buy gifts for saturday's events.


Earlier that day, I received great news that my college galpal Odie gave birth to a baby girl! I was excited to see the baby but since my weekend was basically all planned out already I wasn't sure whether I'd be able to sneak in the hospital to visit. Even if the baby's due should have been in the last week of August, it was no surprise that the baby was born this early. Odie has been dilating (is this the correct term?) 1cm as early as one week before July 30 when we had the baby shower (by the way, during that shower, I saw Adi again. Look how takaw he is in these photos). It has been a wonder that the baby was able to hold on until August 5. Hihihi. Anyway, Mhel and I weren't able to visit, well, because of the packed Saturday schedule.

Saturday started at 8am. We brought Gian to his Interbarkadahan Tourney at Club650 Libis. Since it would be impractical to visit Odie at the hospital in Manila, we decided to stay, watch some games and take pictures of ourselves. Heheh, vain.

Then we went to the baptismal party of P and W's twins in Filheights near Fairview. It took us a while to drive there via Katipunan and UP Campus because we forgot that the remains of Raul Roco was in Dela Strada along Katipunan and the UPCAT was also ongoing that day. We got to W's house just in time for lunch, we chatted a little and then...

We were off to my inaanak Rian's 1st birthday party in Friday's Glorietta. Now that was a long drive! We met mom and went together to the party. Rian's growing up fast and charming! Just before 6pm we left the party and went straight to Greenhills. Before we went to meet Gian again at the regular saturday EB of Baddicts, Mom wanted us to meet someone who's gonna discuss some business opportunities. It was a nice chat and it was convincing. We are still thinking of considering the offer as of today.

Finally, to cap off that day's activities, we played a few games of badminton and had the usual aftergames dinner with the rest of Baddicts. We were home around midnight. I was ready to prepare for bed when I realized I haven't fixed my things yet for the next day's activities.

I was picked up from the apartment at 5am on Sunday. We went to Villa Escudero to attend a wedding. We decided to go early since the Bride's and Entourage's Make-up artist is from my salon and my parents wanted to relax a little. It should have been a nice day for photoshoot, I brought my EOS 600 and cybershot as well as Mhel's digicam, but it was rainy. Gawd! It was a very long day which ended when they dropped me home past eleven pm. Pictures here.

Come Monday, I was dead tired. Ryan gladly offered to bring Gian to school (I'm the designated driver on mondays...). Hayy. But I was the one who picked him up afterwards, just before lunch. I planned to visit Odie but I couldn't get myself to even wash my hair! I decided to sleep a bit and when I woke up it was already too late to go out. So I took a shower and I snuggled myself while watching Ally Mcbeal dibedis. Later, my brothers asked if we could go out for dinner, I said yes. We ate at CPK Glorietta and boy, we had the right choices of food! Simply delish! The night ended perfectly with Ryan buying Gian and I this book:


Amazing, hehehe. Thanks bro!

And yesterday was both a bit eventful and relaxing. I accompanied Manang to the airport to catch the earlieast possible flight to Cebu. Sadly, she had to leave us for the meantime to take care of her ailing mother. We don't know yet if she will return. Later, I got a massage and a facial. Did some work and checked my emails. I slept early (well, around 12mn, that's early for me!), 'coz Rissa and I decided to visit Odie, Wes and Shay (now the nick's gonna stick!) the next day. And Mhel would ride with me to work so I can't possibly oversleep.

Today, I'm glad I was on time in picking up Mhel. He took the wheel and drove us both to Makati, then I went straight to the apartment, fixed myself and then it was time to meet Rissa. We went straight to Odie's house in Parañaque (thank God, no traffic), and we chatted non-stop and took pictures all the time! The baby, Leisha Celest, was asleep most of the time and we obviously took advantage of the pretty short moments she opened her eyes! There were 4 still cameras and 1 moving cam, imagine! We didn't realize the time until it was after 3pm! But we left at 430. I reached Sta. Rita after one and a half hours.

And I've been composing and uploading pictures since then (timecheck: 944pm)! And because this post is now too long and probably is boring you, I'll end now :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Credits:

Avatar by Cuz Marc
Banner Pix by Mhel
Paper from Playa kit by Robin Cabana
of Digital Freebies