Tuesday, July 05, 2005

perfectly fried crispy bacon strips...

I can't remember when my love for crispy bacon started. I love Wendy's Bacon Mushroom Melt. I love salads with Bacon bits. And I definitely love Pancake House's Bacon strips I can finish three orders of 4 strips in one sitting!!! (minsan nahilo ako pauwi sa sobrang dami ng fats na naconsume ko!!). I realized I can't always buy. That I can save more if I prepare the yummy strips myself. But I had to learn to cook it correctly first. Some told me to use an oven toaster. Some had no idea. Mhel suggested that we ask one of his friends who is connected with Pancake House. This afternoon at the supermarket, I realized I only needed to READ the package.

Side kwento: As I was checking out and claiming my umbrella at the supermarket, I was the first in line and suddenly some girl cut the line and went straight to the counter boy. Followed by another girl. The counter boy attended to the first girl. Then faced those depositing their things. As the counter boy was about to get the claim number from the othe girl who cut the line:

Me: Excuse me, nauna pa ako sa kanila...
Girl: Eh di mauna ka na!! (with matching banging of the hand on the counter!)
Me: kinda shocked...I wasn't talking to you...I was referring to the girl ahead of you. At for your information, hindi ikaw ang kausap ko, kundi siya (pointing to the counter boy).

And she was speechless for a second and gave me a grave look. As I left, I muttered, loud enough for her to hear, "React nang react, hindi naman kinakausap tsk!" Ang hirap naman kasi sa ibang tao, wala na sa lugar, sila pa ang galet!

Back to my kwento
: And so armed with my newly purchased teflon pan (which is by the way, a part of my learning process..heheh), I did as directed:

Line on an unheated pan strips of thawed out bacon.
Turn on the stove at medium heat.
Wait until golden brown.
For crispy strips, drain bacon oil when needed.
When done, use paper towels to take out excess fats.

Wow! Perfectly perfect!! Tomorrow, I'll have pancakes and bacon for breakfast!!!! Yey!

3 Comments:

At 7:40 AM, Blogger mikaela said...

hahahaha...ayuz talaga mga experience mo with strangers, ate tin...c",)

pengeng bacon!!! :D

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Kaje said...

it always always happen to me. because more often than not, i'm out. i get to meet stangers in the most uncomfortable ways.

if you smile at me, i will smile back. sometimes, i initiate the smile. pero kapag wala ka sa lugar, like cutting the line, or staying too close behind me while waiting at an ATM, you will get THE GLARE hehehe.

I'm always fair. I follow the basic rules of existence. I am sensitive. And if others are unfair, break the rules and are way too insensitive...that's foul. I have high expectations of others, and i always get disappointed.

I guess it's just me. sigh.

heheheh, isang post na itong comment ko hehehhehe!!!!

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Kaje said...

btw, mitch, ubos na bacon!!! hahah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Credits:

Avatar by Cuz Marc
Banner Pix by Mhel
Paper from Playa kit by Robin Cabana
of Digital Freebies