Thursday, June 02, 2005

talk of the town

I am very productive today.

10:45am - Opened my eyes.
10:46am - Played Text Twist, Bejeweled and Solitaire (in that order) in my Palm.
11:20am - Dragged myself from bed to shower and fix myself.
12:15pm - Went down and watched Eat Bulaga's "Kaya mo 'to".
12:30pm - Bloghopped a little.
01:15pm - Left Sta. Rita for Obando.
01:20pm - Drove thru Mcdo Balagtas for my lunch.
01:35pm - Left Mcdo (yep, took that long to get my order considering I was driving thru. You bet the manager received some nasty comments about their inefficiency...wasted my time!)
02:10pm - Arrived at Obando.
02:20pm - Ate my Cheeseburger.
02:30pm - Signed five checks.
02:40pm - Facial.
03:50pm - Pedicure.
04:30pm - Chicka with Staff and Mommy...who's having her footspa, manicure and hair spa until I realized I needed hair spa (and trim) myself.
06:30pm - Hair spa with head, arms and back massage.
09:15pm - Helped Brian secure his birth certificate via E-census in the Internet (and I had to download IEver.6 yet!!)
10:00pm - Left Obando for Sta. Rita.
10:30pm - Safely arrived and realized I forgot my dinner!

See? I'm productive today and everyday! My day isn't over yet though...

------------------------------

Driving tonight, I was listening to RX's Heard on Thursdays. The topic was "First day of school experiences". Oh how I miss being in school!! Let me share my story which happened during the first few days in college.

Before the regular classes which usually started June 1, we had a bit of orientation regarding the university and how to get by everyday like where's the Library (as if it mattered where the Lib is!), the Canteens, the Buildings, the Offices etc etc. It was also a perfect time to meet for the first time our Block. Some of them I've met during the Physical Exam, Enrollment and ID pic session. But there's this guy who looked like a goon we got easily scared of him, let's call him Mr. B. Even the guys avoided him. He had this icy look and very deep voice. When the day was over, he was gone right away. While the others stayed a few more minutes.

On the first day of classes, I felt that our block became so close easily that came lunch time, we all went together. And there's no way avoiding Mr. B. We can't let him alone right?! We were all new and we had to support each other. After spending time with Mr. B, we realized he's not masungit or scary at all. I found out he lives in the north and takes the LRT when going home. And so all of us going north, agreed to ride the train together later on. Those rides were the days we did not miss the signs. One rainy afternoon, Mr. B brought out his umbrella...with floral design! Another day, while climbing the LRT stairs, we noticed something peculiar about the way Mr. B walks. Aba, kumekendeng ang lola niyo! And soon we cannot deny the fact the Mr. B is really a Miss B! Much more when he/she confided in me that he/she would like to shave his/her legs but cannot because his/her family will find out his/her doble-cara identity!

Miss B is one of my best memories of college! And truly, some first impressions never last!

---------------------

I heard some shocking news this afternoon.

"Sabi patay na. Pero kanina sabi buhay pa. Pero kung buhay pa siya, swerte na rin kahit na nakatusok pa ang icepick sa bungo niya..."

When you hear things like these, you wouldn't help but not ask what in the world are they talking about! It's no kwentong-barbero everyone in our town have heard about the incident which happened on Monday afternoon.

A beauty parlor, two barangays away from mine, was held up. The owner closes the shop on mondays but stays in the shop to clean up the place. Apparently, two men went in, hit the owner's face twice with a figurine and stabbed the head at least fifteen times using an icepick and took an amount reportedly amounting to p75k. The body was later on found by a client who didn't know the shop is closed on Mondays. This happened at 2pm...in broad daylight...and nobody noticed the two men. The body (still alive) was rushed to the nearby hospital and was later transferred to Chinese General Hospital. Now they say the owner has died (but no confirmation yet)...


Mannnnnnnn, I can't talk about death in two consecutive entries!!!!!



My initial reaction was to remind my staff that if something similar would happen to our shop (knock on wood!!!), they can just give the cash (not that I keep that much money) as long as no one is hurt. If lives are at stake, there's no point fighting back.

And then they told me the owner's name. And I was shocked because the owner is a girl (who owns a licensed gun by the way) and was my beautician for about seven years before she transferred to her current location. And my heart sank. She was such a nice lady, although has strong personality for a lot of people.

It's funny when you see on TV news like this and shrug your shoulders and then suddenly realizing you KNOW the victim. Goosebumps all over me. Let's all pray for Ghie, that she may surpass this ordeal. I can't tell if she's really dead but a bruised soul like hers needs all the prayers.


4 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, Blogger Silent.Hollo said...

ok.. this is SOME KIND of a post tin... ;)

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Kaje said...

alin dyan mae?! yung wala akong ginawa kundi kakikayan, o yung kabadingan, o yung nakatusok ng icepick sa bungo?!?

hehehhehe...hay buhayyyyy...

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger dadaydamakulay said...

hahaha tin! one kikay day then violence next -- hanep sa turn around! :)

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Silent.Hollo said...

lahat tin.. paghalu-haluin mo.. hahaha! gwabe.. :))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Credits:

Avatar by Cuz Marc
Banner Pix by Mhel
Paper from Playa kit by Robin Cabana
of Digital Freebies