Sunday, February 20, 2005

finally...

THE BOOK OF LOVE
Peter Gabriel
Shall we dance OST

The book of love is long and boring
No one can lift the damn thing
It's full of charts and facts and figures and instructions for dancing
But I
I love it when you read to me
And you
You can read me anything
The book of love has music in it
In fact that's where music comes from
Some of it is just transcendental
Some of it is just really dumb
But I
I love it when you sing to me
And you
You can sing me anything
The book of love is long and boring
And written very long ago
It's full of flowers and heart-shaped boxes
And things we're all too young to know
But I
I love it when you give me things
And you
You ought to give me wedding rings
And I
I love it when you give me things
And you
You ought to give me wedding rings
And I
I love it when you give me things
And you
You ought to give me wedding rings
You ought to give me wedding rings

~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were late for the scheduled dinner dinner date with my college girlfriends. D**n the friday night traffic along Makati Avenue. Amazingly, Mhel and I were the last ones to arrive when all the others were usually late. They were apparently really excited about the news. As Rissa told me about a week ago, "the suspense is killing me and Jacq." And since we were dismally late...

I missed the moment. I missed the surprised looks on their faces. I missed the initial shock. I missed the laughter which followed. I missed the wide-eyed look when they received their respective invitations. Since i knew the secret all along, the "secret-bearer" did not bother to wait for me at all. Which is fine with me by the way as the truth slowly sunk in the group.

Finally, it has been known, at least to her college friends (she still has her high school friends to take care of, hehehe.). It's out! Odes and Wes have been civilly married for about two weeks now, which is too long a time to shut my mouth, hehehe. They're gonna walk down the aisle on March 19 in a cathedral in Gumaca. The only gift she requested is that we join her in her special day. Nyeks, corny, but sweet.

Funny when i reminisce my lunch date with Odes and Rissa in December of last year, we were pointing fingers amongst ourselves who should marry first. Odes took the plunge. That leaves Rissa and I...hmmmmm...

dvd night at astoria

It was a unique dvd night all right. it happened last night at the invitation of Daday and AJ. The story and pictures here. We were torn between The Incredibles and Shall We Dance but settled for the latter since the copy was just rented. Mushy as it seemed, I'm glad we watched it. Richard Gere is just the most gorgeous Hollywood actor there is, even if he's old. In fact, I've fallen in love with him since watching Pretty Woman! Today, he still has that charming and kilig factor. Talk about ageing gracefully!

I would have written a long narrative review of the movie, but i would not. Simply because it's a story about how a married couple can keep a relationship last, and i have no experience when it comes to that. And simply because I was mesmerized by John Clark so much so that there's no better way for me to review it than to blab about Richard Gere. Hehehe.

getting married and staying in it

There's nothing more I could say. I'm just happy for those who decide to get married. Marriage vows are sacred and I admire those who keep those vows despite the shortcomings that come their way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Credits:

Avatar by Cuz Marc
Banner Pix by Mhel
Paper from Playa kit by Robin Cabana
of Digital Freebies