Saturday, December 03, 2005

i have all the reason to rant...

Because today, December 2, is Pasay day.

I woke up this morning feeling light and happy. Yesterday was a productive day. Today, there are errands on my list: Go to Mom's office with Ana, have some checks signed, collect the money for GSIS loan (which should have been paid on the 30th but we actually forgot all about it since mom was in the hospital for the whole week last week), drive the one-hour travel to Obando, drop Ana at the bank, visit the Salon, issue some checks, and then finally drive to GSIS Main and try to get there before the 4pm cut-off.

I was ready to leave at 1030 am when we realized there are office matters that still needs attending to. So while Ana and Jonet were busy, I decided I would warm Brusko up, turn the aircon on, so when it's time to leave, we would already be comfortable.

Yup, I was perfectly okay until I decided to move Brus a bit backwards (para dun siya sa lilim) and my malas day started. While backing the car, I thought the gravel was resisting. So i revved. I revved really hard. And then came the sound like I hit something. I looked behind Brus and was quite relieved I did not hit anything or anyone. I looked at ricky, who was standing in front of Brus and he shrugged. Until I saw, to my horror, this wooden bangko, literally kissing Brusko's left side hood! The bangko left a 3-inch dent (!! I'm dead!!) and a lot of scratches. Sigh. What was I thinking? Sira na ang araw ko talaga.

I told Mom, and she's cool about it. So my spirit's kinda lifted. Later Ana and I left for Obando already. We got there at 1pm and I was not able to leave right away. I planned to leave for GSIS at 130pm but failed to do so. I thought, I'd still reach GSIS before 4pm if I leave at 2 (the travel usually takes around 1.5 hours, traffic included). So I was still confident I'd make it still when I left at 215pm.

When I reached Malabon area, I kinda panicked because of the traffic. And I panicked even more when upon reaching Dagatdagatan, there were a lot of trucks and vans on the road. Mhel texted that there is no truck ban at those times. Bummer! I drove like mad, swerving and cutting humungous vehicles, even cussing the undisciplined FXPUV's.

By 340pm, I was already turning left at CCP and my hopes were still high that I'd still make it. I was at the GSIS main gate by 353pm when the guards asked me where I was going. I casually said I'm gonna pay for a loan and he answered, "holiday po ma'am." Hhhhuuuwwaaaattttt!!?? What did he mean it was a holiday? Last monday was a holiday and it never ocurred to me that today is a holiday. The smiling guard said, "Pasay day po ngayon, walang opis."


AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!


I literally screamed -- at no one in particular. The guards were laughing, probably enjoying the moment, probably thinking how cute my reaction was. Not funny.

Not funny at all that when I called Mhel, I started to cry the moment he answered my call.

So there. I have all the reason to rant, because today, December 2, is Pasay day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Credits:

Avatar by Cuz Marc
Banner Pix by Mhel
Paper from Playa kit by Robin Cabana
of Digital Freebies