Tuesday, February 22, 2005

grade-conscious

Having a sister who's intelligent (read: getting high grades & into the honors' list without trying), I can't help but be a bit grade-conscious. Not that I really tried my best back in school. You see, I've had my share of line of 7's (especially in Math subjects), but I never meant to get those low scores. I've always been told that if I studied a bit harder, I could have gotten higher grades. I was, however, a very serious student, not wanting to miss classes. Maybe it's just that I knew I could never compete with a genius whose photographic memory allowed her not to take down notes anymore.

My brothers were not as pressured as the girls in the family (I never knew the underlying reason for such). So it was a wonder that Gian takes his studies almost seriously, even making it to the top5 of his class. Maybe he's afraid that he won't be allowed to play badminton anymore should he get bad grades. Which is good. And he studies alone, asking for help only when he desperately needs assistance -- a book report perhaps.

They were assigned to do a book report on The Twelfth Angel by Og Mandino. It's actually one of my favorite books so I was more than happy to help him do the project. We brainstormed, I noted down his thoughts and integrated it with mine. We actually crammed up to the last weekend before it was due. I was apprehensive to do it as perfectly as I could because the teacher might not believe it's his work. When we finished, we thought our best grade would be a ninety.

A week ago, I received some wonderful news -- the book report was graded 100 out of 100 and a note that says "EXCELLENT. Now this is what I call a project. Good Job!" Of course we were happy, very much elated. It was his grade, OUR grade.

So what's the point of this entry? Well, could it be the that my study and school work habits only equal that of a High School freshman (until now)...and that's the only reason why I did not excel much in college? hahahahahahahahahahaha...

Phew!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Credits:

Avatar by Cuz Marc
Banner Pix by Mhel
Paper from Playa kit by Robin Cabana
of Digital Freebies