Sunday, February 27, 2005

weekend blues

b&b with the pasaway gang (thursday)

The supposed weekend getaway was officially cancelled (or postponed?) around 4:30pm, Thursday. Of course it saddened me. But then, Mhel and I decided to join Baddicts!' pasaway gang for their start-of-the-long-weekend-celebration. B&B is not bed and breakfast, that's too expensive at the moment. B&B is about recreation...B&B is bowling and billiards. The night was, however, extended until 4:00am the next day. The B&B as originally planned became B&B&P&V&U -- bowling and billiards and pizza (at least for Mhel and I) and videoke at ubusan ng kaban ng bigas. hahahahaha. But it was fun. We could do it again. But maybe not yet in the near future. I need a little time to save up first, hihihihi.

his ways. his plans. his reasons (friday)

Mommy woke me up with a text message saying "Gud am. alam mo mabait talaga c lord s atin. Kc lahat ng flight s hk dvrted sa taiwan kc zero vcibility ang airport. D makalapag s airport, blita sa dzmm today." (see related story here). You see, my brother Yang, cousin Ana and I were supposed to fly to hongkong last Friday. We've been planning to take advantage of the sale tour rates until it was officially cancelled yesterday.

I ranted about my disappointments about this trip. The setbacks amazingly piled-up -- moving the date; going with the whole family; having to fax passport copies to the agent urgently; Mom, dad and Gian backing out; agent not being able to book us; changing agents; temporarily cancelling the trip; Yan getting so pissed I had to take all his ramblings; changing yet to another agent; flight being booked; not being able to get a decent hotel to accomodate us; not being able to contact Tito Rody (who lives there) to accomodate us instead; feeling so hopeless. We just had to give-up, thinking and feeling that maybe this is not the right time to go. As Daday would always say, everything happens for a reason.

And on Friday morning, I understood. I never questioned God and I'm glad I waited until He "explained". Sometimes we really just have to wait. It's His time.

da layp of da feeling rich

Since the trip was cancelled, we thought of going on a local trip -- Cebu or Palawan perhaps, but decided against it because it was too late to book all of us. So mommy suggested that we spend the night in a Makati hotel where she has a gift voucher. We basically just rested (slept a lot!), ate, watched tv, surfed the net, ate some more, chatted with Sis and Joaquin (who amazingly at barely age 2 can sing The Star Spangled Banner) and told each other lotsa stories.

At dinner, it took us more than two hours before we finally gave up tasting the food at the buffet table. Sumptuous! We went up to our room again, bummed some more and before we knew it, it was already past midnight! Mhel left for home before 1am. Then I had the chance to soak myself in the warm bubble bath I prepared (finally! ahhhh, relaxing!). Slept soundly at around 230am.

Breakfast the next day was again buffet. This family just loves to eat. After breakfast, I didn't know what happened next 'coz I went directly back to sleep. I woke up just in time for check-out at past 12noon.

Total damage net of gift voucher: P339.00. Neat!

late for the games

Saturdays are of course Badminton days. Mhel agreed to meet us in Mandaluyong so we could go to GHBC together (to save up on gas and parking fees). We were late getting home from the hotel and Mhel was waiting for 2hours. The reason: we dropped by Glorietta to canvass projectors and for lunch. But it took us more time than we expected because we realized we had other errands to do like going to the mobile service provider center and shopping (teka, errand ba yung pangalawa?) heheheh. We just could not resist going to the Mondragon sale! I got myself a skirt and two sports socks.

The only thing that irked me that afternoon was the old man who "stole" our parking slot. I was so pissed I even took a picture of him. And I'll definitely post that picture here. Soon. I actually plan to write about not so educated drivers around. Tehee!

Oh yeah, we were late for the games but I still managed to play 4 wonderful sets. We had late dinner at Yellow Cab and went home (hindi na kinayang humabol sa kanila sa During's...).

last day of the weekend

there's nothing much to share about Sunday. There are actually some bad things not worth sharing. So I'll stop now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
again pictures to follow. tinamad ako magupload eh eheheh.

1 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Blogger Silent.Hollo said...

His ways. His plans. His reasons.

it may not feel good, it may be disappointing or depressing for us... but knowing HE HAS THE CONTROL, makes me feel better you know. *wink*

B & B-- and V...

I had a great time! grabe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Credits:

Avatar by Cuz Marc
Banner Pix by Mhel
Paper from Playa kit by Robin Cabana
of Digital Freebies