Sunday, April 03, 2005

pope's demise

Upon hearing that the Pope's health was gravely declining, I've been keeping up with the news. Last friday night, after the Rotary meeting, I watched the local news. I was telling Mhel that we need to pray for him so that he will recover soon. It would be scary to lose the Pope. Now that a lot of issues are being debated upon.

On Saturday night, I couldn't sleep (after I power napped WHILE watching the movie Be Cool. We watched after our usual saturday badminton games). I decided to watch the news over CNN and people have started to go over at the St. Peter Square. Then I realized that the Pope's time is slowly coming to an end. I technically joined the vigil. At 4am, sunday, I slept with a heavy heart. My eyes were droopy I just had to get some sleep. And at 525am, I received a text message from my brother saying that the Pope has died. I tuned in to CNN again, and the message was confirmed. I didn't cry. But I was overcome with sadness. He was already dead when I fell asleep. Just the idea gave me the goosebumps. I did not pray that he may rest in peace, for I know that he has always been at peace with himself and the world. And that I am sure he went directly to the Lord. I prayed and gave thanks for a wonderful and loving man that he was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Credits:

Avatar by Cuz Marc
Banner Pix by Mhel
Paper from Playa kit by Robin Cabana
of Digital Freebies