Wednesday, March 09, 2005

renewal

Since I only started driving back in year 2002, this year is the first time I am renewing my driver’s license. Dad and I decided to go together today. My experience is quite different from when I got my student’s permit and non-professional license.

I secured my student’s permit from the Tayuman Branch. I remembered Mhel going with me then. It was my first time do I had the jitters. Dad told me to go there, telling me that the service in that branch is more efficient than the others. It took us about five hours to finish the whole process. Of course, I was disappointed. But then again, if it ONLY took us about five hours, it COULD HAVE taken forever if we went to another branch. Aside from the long wait, the only obstacle was when I argued that my address then is in Sta. Mesa and not in Sampaloc. The LTO personnel won over me, insisting that the address I put is in Sampaloc. Kulet! Meek as I was, I just let it go. Anyway, the student permit was just temporary.

After driving school, it was time to get the Non-professional license. I promised myself I wouldn’t go back to LTO Tayuman anymore. So I just availed of the licensing assistance provided by the driving school. It meant having to pay additional P1,000 or so for the “speedy” movement of my application. Again, my better judgement got me. It took me about the same amount of time spent in LTO Tayuman (I was at LTO Mandaluyong then). Plus I had a little word war with the driving school personnel (because I felt ripped off). Plus I had another argument with the LTO personnel regarding my address not being in Sampaloc but in Sta. Mesa. Plus all I got was a printed temporary non-professional license and I had to go back for the card-type license in three month’s time. Going back for the card-type license was another story as I had to get it in LTO San Juan rather than in LTO Mandaluyong when the office transferred.

And so at the beginning of this week, I promised myself I’d go to an LTO branch where there would be less hassles. I chose LTO Makati because that’s where Yang had his license renewed. The branch is already computerized so he was able to get the card-type license right away (unlike in LTO Valenzuela where Mhel had his license renewed). I failed to go last Monday, blame it on my sleeping habits, I woke up really late!

Daddy heard that LTO Meycauyan is already computerized. So we went there. I’m happy because I was done in less than two hours, complete with my card-type license. This LTO Branch is, however, just like any other government office. So I was also a bit disappointed. My list goes:

  • For my medical exam, I was asked for my vision grade. And this man (who doesn’t look like a doctor at all, not even a nurse) took my BP informed me that it was normal at 100/80. And that was it. THAT WAS IT. For 50 bucks and a glance at me, the LTO is assured that I’m okay to drive?!?

  • The cashier took so long accepting payments. Maybe she should get her priorities straight.

  • There was this lady LTO personnel who kept on pestering the cashier. It was quite obvious that she was doing favors for the people she knew. So the whole process for those waiting (like me) was lagged. I wouldn’t have minded her if she did it discreetly. But no! Everyone had to hear her requests.

  • No one told me that two pictures shall be taken – one for the LTO records and one for the card itself. So when I politely asked the lady taking the second picture she seemed pissed. Of course I was easily upset. All she had to do was explain it to me. She didn’t need to be condescending of something. Later I found out that the lady is not an LTO personnel but an employee of the private contractor in charged of printing the card-type licenses for the LTO. But still, that should not give her the right to be so rude.



Anyway, I got my new license now. I won’t see these LTO people again. At least not in three years.

    2 Comments:

    At 8:55 AM, Blogger dadaydamakulay said...

    ako nga pinaghinalaang addict e. pinaulit pa yung urine test ko, mga buset na testing center yan! ang hirap kaya magantay na mawiwi. gusto ko na talaga magwala dun pero walang kwenta makipag argue. sayang energy.

     
    At 2:47 PM, Blogger Kaje said...

    panget tuloy yung picture ko sa license..akala ko kasi yung unang kuha iyun na iyun eh hayyyyy

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    Credits:

    Avatar by Cuz Marc
    Banner Pix by Mhel
    Paper from Playa kit by Robin Cabana
    of Digital Freebies